Hi Babes – If you read Becoming Vegan for your Health and you are interested in becoming a vegan, this list should be able to get you started!
I wanted to share my ultimate vegan grocery list with you! Since I have become a vegan I’ve learned a ton about plant-based shopping and I’d like to share with you what I know thus far. The best advice I will give is to keep it simple, being on a vegan diet doesn’t have to be stressful or difficult.
I’m going to dive into my vegan grocery shopping list. I will go over everything you need to make a couple of weeks worth of easy meals. I don’t buy all of these items weekly but this is a great list if you are a first time vegan shopper!
- Soy Milk
- Hemp Milk
- Almond Milk (The substitute I use the most of)
- Coconut Milk
I always pick a couple fruits from the different categories to have on hand and to substitute in several different ways. Dried fruit is okay but it contains a lot of sugar so be sure to check!
Frozen: These can be used for smoothies or smoothie bowls
- Mixed berry/fruit blends
- Bananas – I buy them fresh and cut up & freeze them to use later in the week
- All the berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc)
- Watermelon (if in season)
- Grapefruit (makes a great breakfast with a bit of sugar)
I always get fresh veggies weekly and I make sure I have enough to cook up for a stir-fry or to use in smoothies.
Fresh (Used for cooking or raw):
- Baby spinach
- Fresh salad mixes
Beans + Grains:
I always keep several cans of beans and a variety of rice, quinoa, lentils, etc. These are easy to throw together or just eat by themselves.
Beans + Legumes + Whole Grains:
- Black beans
- Red beans
- Chickpeas (these are amazing if you roast them)
- Hummus – Garlic is my favorite, also a big fan of beet hummus
- Kidney beans
- Lentils (red, green, or orange)
- Brown Rice
- Sweet/Russet potatoes
- Tempeh (soy product)
- Tofu (soy product, I like extra firm)
- Peanut/Almond Butter
- Nuts (Cashews, Walnuts, Pecans, Almonds)
- Seeds (Sunflower, Chia, Pumpkin, Ground Flax, Sesame)
- Oils (Avocado, Olive, Canola, Sesame, Coconut, Flax seed, Tahini)
- Vegan butter (My favorite brand is Earth Balance)
That should be enough to get you started! A second post on How to Stock a Vegan Pantry will be coming soon! X x